Prompt: In the beginning of “The Life You Save May Be Your Own,” Mrs. Crater and Mr. Shiflet meet for the first time and begin forming opinions about one another based on what they see, hear, and assume. Neither character truly knows the other yet, which raises an important question about first impressions.

 A time that I had a first impression of someone that turned out to be wrong was when I met my freshman year science teacher. I thought that I was going to hate the class because I had none of my friends in there, and the teacher gave us a long assignment on the first day. I was wrong when, 3 days later, 2 of my friends got switched into the class and realized the work wasn't that hard.


A time when my first impressions as wrong was when I went to my freshman year science class.


I realized I shouldn't rely on first impressions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/14 Prompt: Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Prompt: Write about an adventure you would like to go on.