Today, we learned about the two types of characterization: direct and indirect characterization. We then applied what we learned by analyzing characters from James Baldwin’s “The Rockpile” using the STEAL method: Speech, Thoughts, Effect on Others, Actions, and Looks. Now, apply characterization to yourself. If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality. Use specific examples. For example, what do your actions reveal about you? What does the way you speak reveal? How do you affect others? What might your thoughts or appearance communicate about who you are? Write one full paragraph.

For speech, I would say that I only speak when  I need to or when I'm talking to one of my friends. For thoughts, I would say that I am careful and think things through. For effects, I would say that I do things reliably. For actions, I would say that mostly I do what I say and am honest. For looks, I would say that I am an average-looking person with nothing that really stands out.


I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8/14 Prompt: Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

Prompt: Write about an adventure you would like to go on.